Cyonara 9.7 quart (32 oz)
Cyonara Insecticide with 9.7% Lamda-Cyhalothrin is the same active ingredient as the popular Demand CS Insecticide, but less expensive. Cyonara 9.7 perimeter and surface spray uses advanced Sigma Technology and gentle pyrethroids to quickly eliminate turf, ornamental, and lawn pests, and other nuisance pests. Cyonara 9.7 lasts up to several months, even at considerably low use rates.
How Cyonara 9.7 Works
Cyonara 9.7 is a water-based insecticide concentrate that is diluted with water and applied with a hand pump sprayer or other pressurized application equipment. Cyonara 9.7 contains the active ingredient lambda-cyhalothrin, the same active ingredient in the popular insecticide Demand CS. Lambda-cyhalothrin is a synthetic pyrethroid designed to mimic the naturally-occurring pyrethrins derived from the Chrysanthemum flower, attacking an insect’s central nervous system. The synthetic active ingredient, however, is less costly and has a long-lasting residual. Cyonara 9.7 applications kill insects that come in contact with the direct spray or with the dried residual for weeks after application.
Common crawling and flying insect pests including ants, bed bugs, beetles, boxelder bugs, carpenter bees, centipedes, cockroaches, crickets, earwigs, fleas, millipedes, mosquitoes, pantry pests, silverfish, spiders, ticks, wasps; ornamental and lawn pests such as armyworms, chinch bugs, crickets, cutworms, lacebugs, leafhoppers, mealybugs, pillbugs, scale, stink bugs, and webworms (see below for complete list)
INSECTS CONTROLLED: Ants (including Imported Fire Ants), Bedbugs, Bees, Boxelder Bugs, Carpenter Bees, Carpet Beetles, Centipedes, Cigarette Beetles, Clover Mites, Cockroaches, Confused Flour Beetles, Crickets, Earwigs, Firebrats, Fleas (outdoors), Flies, Grasshoppers, Lesser Grain Borers, Litter Beetles (Darkling, Hide, Carrion), Millipedes, Mites, Mosquitoes, Pillbugs, Red Flour Beetles, Rice Weevils, Saw-toothed Grain Beetles, Scorpions, Silverfish, Sowbugs, Spiders, Spider Mites (Two-spotted, Spruce), Stink Bugs, Termites (above ground only), Ticks, Wasps; Armyworms, Azalea Caterpillars, Aphids, Bagworms, Black vine weevils, Boxelder bugs, Budworms, California oakworms, Cankerworms, Cutworms, Eastern tent caterpillars, Elm Leaf Beetles, European sawflies, Fall webworms, Flea beetles, Forest tent caterpillars, Gypsy moth larvae, Japanese beetles, June beetles, Lace bugs, Leaf-feeding caterpillars, Leafhoppers, Leafminers, Leaf rollers, Leaf skeletonizers, Midges, Oleander moth larvae, Pine sawflies, Pine shoot beetles, Pinetip moths, Plant bugs, Root weevils, Sawflies, Scale insects (crawlers), Spittlebugs, Stink Bugs, Striped beetles, Striped oakworms, Thrips, Tip moths, Tussock moth larvae; Broadmites, Brown softscales, California redscales, Clover mites, Mealybugs, Pineneedlescales (crawlers), Whiteflies; Sod webworms; Bluegrass billbugs, Black turfgrass ataenius, Chiggers, Grubs (suppression), Hyperodes weevils, Mole crickets, Chinch bugs
Target Uses of Cyonara 9.7
Cyonara 9.7 insecticide concentrate has an incredibly broad label, making it an excellent choice for almost any insect pest control needs. Use Cyonara as a general or quarterly perimeter treatment outdoors and as a crack and crevice treatment indoors. Cyonara 9.7 can be used to treat most common crawling, flying, ornamental, and turf pests, and it is labeled for use in food handling establishments (non-food areas only). Use to treat occasional invaders like ants, cockroaches, centipdedes, earwigs, spiders, and crickets. Cyonara 9.7 can also be used to treat pantry pests, stinging insects, seasonal pests such as carpenter bees or boxelder bugs, and lawn and ornamental pests. Cyonara 9.7 can also be applied to treat litter beetles and flies and livestock and poultry housing.
Cyonara 9.7 dries clear and will not leave a visible residue on dark surfaces like other insecticide formulations. The risk of phytotoxicity is very low with Cyonara 9.7, though a small area should be tested before making large applications.
Use as a general surface, crack and crevice, or spot treatment in, on, and around buildings and structures and their immediate surroundings, and on modes of transport.
Dilute CYONARA 9.7 with water for application using hand-held or power-operated application equipment as a coarse spray for crack and crevice or spot and general surface (non-food/non-feed areas only) treatments.
- Fill applicator tank with the desired volume of water and add CYONARA 9.7.
- Close and shake before use in order to ensure proper mixing.
- Shake or re-agitate applicator tank before use if application is interrupted.
- Mix only amount of treatment volume as required.
Tank Mixing: CYONARA 9.7 may be tank mixed with other currently registered pesticides unless expressly prohibited by the product label. A small volume mixing test with the other products is recommended to ensure compatibility.
- If other chemicals are added to the applicator tank, CYONARA 9.7 should be added last.
- If mixed with EC formulations, use within 24 hours.
- Fill tank to desired volume and continue to agitate while making applications.
- CYONARA 9.7 may be tank mixed with an Insect Growth Regulator (IGR).
- Observe all restrictions and precautions which appear on the labels of these products.
* Cyonara 9.7 may be converted to a foam and the foam used to treat structural voids to control or prevent pests including ants, bees, termites (above ground only), wasps, or other arthropods harboring in walls, under slabs, or in other void areas.
* Cyonara 9.7 does not provide instant knockdown for stinging insects such as bees and wasps. For best results, treat bee, wasp and hornet nests late in the day when most insects will be present. Allow 2-3 days for the colony to die and repeat if necessary.
- Remove all exposed food and cooking utensils.
- Cover all food handling surfaces or wash thoroughly after treatment and before use.
- Do not use on edible crops.
- Each 8 oz. bottle of concentrate yields 10 – 40 gallons of finished solution, depending on application.
- Each 32 oz. (quart) bottle yields 40 – 160 gallons of finished solution.
- Each gallon of finished solution should cover approximately 1,000 square feet.
Standard Application Dilution Rates / Mixing Ratios:
- 0.2 fl. oz. (6 mL)/gal. of water – 0.015% - Maintenance or Prevention of most common pests, small pests such as ants.
- 0.4 fl. oz. (12 mL)/gal. of water – 0.03% - Active infestations of most common pests, fleas (outdoors only), light beetle infestations.
- 0.8 fl. oz. (24 mL)/gal. of water – 0.06% - Clean-out, severe infestations of pests such as cockroaches, crickets, flies, litter beetles, carpenter bees; residual control of mosquitoes.
- 0.2-0.8 (6-24mL) in 1-5 gal. of water over 800-1600 sq. ft. – perimeter barrier applications.
- 1.5-5.0 fl. oz. (44-148 mL)/100 gal. of water – Ornamental pest applications over large areas.
- 5-10 fl. oz. per acre – 2.4-7 mL per 1,000 sq. ft. – Lawn and turfgrass pests; use sufficient water for coverage, usually 2-5 gal. of water per 1,000 sq. ft.
- 0.5 fl. oz. (15 mL)/1-2.5 gal. of water – Spot treatments of ornamental or turf pests
For use in the following areas:
In, on and around buildings and structures for the control of listed pests, including on lawns, ornamental trees and shrubs around residential, institutional, public, commercial, agricultural, and industrial buildings; and parks, recreational areas and athletic fields; Areas include but are not limited to industrial buildings, houses, apartment buildings, laboratories, buses, greenhouses (non-commercial), stores, warehouses, vessels, railcars, trucks, trailers, aircraft (cargo and other non-cabin areas only), schools, nursing homes, hospitals, restaurants, hotels, livestock/poultry housing, pet kennels, food granaries, food grain mills and food manufacturing, processing, and servicing establishments.
Crawling Insects such as Cockroaches, Crickets, Earwigs, Silverfish, and Spiders: Apply as a coarse, low pressure spray to areas where these pests hide, such as baseboards, corners, storage areas, closets, around water pipes, doors and windows, attics and eaves, cabinets, behind and under refrigerators, sinks, furnaces and stoves, the underside of shelves, drawers and similar areas. Pay particular attention to cracks and crevices.
Bedbugs: Clean floors and surfaces by vacuuming. Apply as a coarse, low-pressure spray to harborage areas including crevices, baseboards, loose plaster, behind bed frames and headboards, beneath beds and furniture, and to bedsprings and bed frames. Do not apply to furniture surfaces or mattresses where people will be laying or sitting. Use a pesticide approved for use on mattresses on these areas. Infested bedding should not be treated, but should be removed, placed in sealed plastic bags, and taken for laundering and drying at high temperatures. Not recommended as the sole treatment for bed bugs.
Food-Handling Establishments: Use as a crack and crevice or spot treatment in and around both food and nonfood areas. Apply in small amounts directly into cracks and crevices, using equipment capable of delivering a pin stream of insecticide, in points between different elements of construction, between equipment and floor, openings leading to voids and hollow spaces in walls, equipment and bases. Food contact surfaces and equipment should be cleaned with an effective cleaning compound and rinsed with potable water before using. Limit individual spot treatments to an area no larger than 20% of the treated surface. Individual spot treatments should not exceed 2 sq. ft.
* Applications can be reapplied at 21-day intervals if necessary.
Outdoor Surfaces: Apply with either hand or power application equipment as a residual treatment to ornamental plants next to foundations of buildings and to surfaces of buildings, porches, screens, window frames, eaves, patios, garages, refuse dumps, and other similar areas where these insect pests are active.
Perimeter Barrier Treatments:
- Before application, remove debris and leaf litter from next to the foundation, cut back vegetation and branches that touch the foundation, and move or rake back rocks, deep mulch, or other potential pest harborage next to the foundation.
- Apply a continual band of insecticide around building foundations and around windows, doors, service line entrances, eaves, vents, and other areas to reduce the potential for entry by crawling pests.
- Apply the band up to 10 ft. wide around the structure (or according to state regulations governing commercial pest control) and upwards along the foundation to 3 ft. and around windows, doors, and roof overhangs.
- Apply as a coarse spray to thoroughly and uniformly wet the foundation and/or band area so that the insecticide will reach the soil or thatch level where pests may be active.
Carpenter Bees: Apply coarse spray to thoroughly wet wood surfaces where bees have been previously active or to provide protection against further damage. Apply early in the spring to prevent bees from invading wood. When bees have infested wood, surface applications can help control embedded larvae and bees that emerge from the wood. See also: Carpenter Bee Control.
Lawns/Turfgrass and Ornamentals: Application rates for turf and ornamentals are lower than structural pest control rates, reflecting that treatment intervals are more frequent. Do not apply more than 52.4 fl. oz. of concentrate (0.36 lbs. a.i.) per acre per year. Applications to ornamentals or turf should be started prior to the establishment of high insect pest populations. Apply at 7-day intervals if retreatment is necessary. Limit more frequent treatment to spot treatments. . Addition of a spreader-sticker at recommended rates may enhance the control of insects on certain species of ornamentals having waxy, hard to wet foliage.
Cyonara 9.7 Features
- Broad-spectrum pest management
- Dries clear
- Cost-effective concentrate
- Low-dosage application
- Pet safe when used as directed
- Labeled for used in non-food areas of food-handling establishments
- Not for use on plants being grown for sale or other commercial use or research purposes.
- Do not apply to edible crops.
- Do not apply more than once every 21 days for indoor applications.
- Do not apply to milk rooms or feed rooms in livestock/poultry housing or pet kennels.
- Do not dilute with oil.
- Store out of direct sunlight and extreme temperatures.
- Time application to flowering plants during periods when pollinating insect are not present, such as early morning or late evenings.
- For thatch inhabiting insect control such as chinch bugs, irrigate after application up to ½ inch of water or use high water application rates for optimum results.
- Although Cyonara 9.7 has the same active ingredient and percentage as Demand CS and Equil Lambda 9.7 CS, Cyonara 9.7 is not a micro-encapsulated formulation. This affects the performance on porous surfaces such as concrete and residual life in conditions like direct sunlight.
Compare to:Demand CS, Equil Lambda 9.7 CS
|Active Ingredients:||lambda-Cyhalothrin 9.7%|
|Target Pests:||Ants, Bedbugs (adult), Boxelder Bugs, Carpenter Bees, Carpet Beetles, Centipedes, Clover Mites, Cockroaches, Crickets, Earwigs, Fleas, Flies, Millipedes, Mosquitoes, Rice Weevils, Silverfish, Spiders, Stink Bugs, Termites (above ground only), Ticks, Wasps|
|For use in:||Commercial & Residential Indoors & Outdoors: Apartments, Warehouses, Schools, Hospitals, Restaurants, Hotels, Kennels, Agricultural areas, Lawns, Turf-grass, Landscape Ornamental Plants and others * See label for complete list|
|Application:||0.2 - 0.8 oz. per gallon of water * See label for complete application instructions|
|NOT FOR SALE TO:||ME, AK, HI, SD CT, NY (Restricted To Licensed Applicators Only)|